Private network across internet?

Old August 29th 04, 08:24 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Neil

Default Private network across internet?

I have a 2 PC network set up here at home. I was thinking though, is it
possible to set up a secure private network with my brother's 2 PCs across
the internet? We both have broadband and exchange a lot of files via e-mail
and CD/DVD. It would be handy if we could drop files back & forth!

Any help/links to relevant websites would be apreciated! :-)

Old August 29th 04, 09:29 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
DC

If you have a static ip, you could use Quick n Easy Free FTP

http://www.pablovandermeer.nl/ftp_server_2_0.html

Old August 29th 04, 09:37 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
GTS

"Neil" wrote in message
I have a 2 PC network set up here at home. I was thinking though, is it
possible to set up a secure private network with my brother's 2 PCs

across
the internet? We both have broadband and exchange a lot of files via

e-mail
and CD/DVD. It would be handy if we could drop files back & forth!

Any help/links to relevant websites would be apreciated! :-)

IF you don't have a static IP (Most do not!), then you could use
www.noip.com for IP redirecting. Works a treat, so you could use FTP to
transfer files without needing to worry about the IP address changing.

Old August 31st 04, 11:29 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Clint Sharp

In message , Neil
writes
I have a 2 PC network set up here at home. I was thinking though, is it
possible to set up a secure private network with my brother's 2 PCs across
the internet? We both have broadband and exchange a lot of files via e-mail
and CD/DVD. It would be handy if we could drop files back & forth!

Any help/links to relevant websites would be apreciated! :-)

What OS? If they're both XP Pro, it's a piece of cake.
--
Clint Sharp
Old September 18th 04, 10:20 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Pete Houston

In article , Clint Sharp wrote:
In message , Neil
writes
I have a 2 PC network set up here at home. I was thinking though, is it
possible to set up a secure private network with my brother's 2 PCs across
the internet? We both have broadband and exchange a lot of files via e-mail
and CD/DVD. It would be handy if we could drop files back & forth!

Any help/links to relevant websites would be apreciated! :-)

What OS? If they're both XP Pro, it's a piece of cake.

If they're both Linux, it's a piece of cake too.

Pete
--
http://www.ethernetcables.co.uk/