Wanadoo dont

Old August 30th 04, 10:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.comp.home-networking
Phil Thompson

Default Wanadoo dont

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 08:27:28 +0100, "newton"
wrote:

cant thank you enough.

good news.

I have been trying various tools, my favourite is probably Tweakmaster
available as a free trial at http://www.tweakmaster.com/download.php

This shows you the Windows settings for the TCP/IP and local LAN as
well as settings on each adapter. If you use "Advanced optimnization
settings" rather than the Wizard you keep control of what it's up to,
I haven't tried the Wizard with its 3 optimizatrion strategies but
have just plugged in my own values.

I found that XP's default RWIN overrides the adapter one, so the RWIN
seen by http://www.speedguide.net/analyzer.php? was the windows
default not the one I put on the network card (which connects to the
router). I find this analyzer has better advice than dslreports.com

With MTU discovery enabled the system should set the MTU to the worst
value encountered in the system, for this reason the value you see may
be less than the value you have pre-set.

The "NetBIOS over TCP/IP may be helpful with file sharing issues on a
LAN. Popup and other help is good.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !