Im back-same problem

Old August 31st 04, 11:34 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
JULIAN HALES

Default Im back-same problem

HI all

Remember when i was here a couple of months back, new router, lan but one
machine (this) never showed in my network although ping and using this
machine for lan gaming was ok.

Well just took a look at the settings and compared them to the machine next
to me, (this ME and other 98) and i cant find anything wrong, i added 2 new
machines to the lan since, easy peasy but for some reason i cant get this
one to work, i really need it as its got a huge amount of G.B data i need
to shift to the scsi machine next to me.

COuld it be a router setting? its a Edimax 6104K i did need a flash upgrade
to get it to work at first as this is the machine i used to set it up. The
XP machine downstairs that i used to listen to music stored on this pc
doesnt work, cant get access from any machine.

Like i said pings and gaming are ok, just not showing or can see my files.
only got TCP/IP and not NetBUI thingy majig

thanks.