removal of network settings

Old September 2nd 04, 01:29 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
JULIAN HALES

Default removal of network settings

HI

I removed the items in the network part, tcp/ip, microsoft stuff etc and
gave a reboot, reinstalled them but stull the same.

It still gave the OEM group and computer name as it did before, so obviously
not removed them from somewhere.

i still couldnt access my other machines in my networking yet pings were
fine.

baffled and confused............
ta