Belkin F5D 7630-4A keeps dropping connection BT broadband connection

Old September 6th 04, 09:22 AM posted to alt.internet.wireless,uk.comp.home-networking
Chris MacNeil

Default Belkin F5D 7630-4A keeps dropping connection BT broadband connection

Hi all -

I have recently purchased a Belkin wireless modem / router. My
Internet keeps dropping and I am trying to figure out why.

I have one XP machine connected via a Cisco 350 wireless card to the
Belkin. The Belkin is connected to the net via BT broadband. I have
two phone jacks in my home and have swapped the filters to test them.

My connection dropped intermittently over a period of 3 - 4 days about
a month ago. Then it was stable for about 2 - 3 weeks and I noticed
the same problem happening for approx 2 days. Then stable again until
yesterday about 3pm when the connection started giving me problems
again.

I don't notice the lights on the router all the time, however there
doesn't seem to be any consistency as to whether the lights go out or
stay on when the connection drops.

I have run all the usual checks (powered down equipment, etc) but am
willing to explore settings, hardware and wires again. BT is also on
the case checking out the connection.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? Any light you can shed?

Thanks,
Chris
Old September 6th 04, 11:52 AM posted to alt.internet.wireless,uk.comp.home-networking
KW

Hello

I have sort of got the same problems. See my recent posts under the "From"
KW.

Regards

KW

om...

Old September 6th 04, 08:26 PM posted to alt.internet.wireless,uk.comp.home-networking
Sunil Sood

[...]

Sounds like an intermittent line problem since it happens - maybe low SNR.

Does the router reboot when you lose connection? (go to the routers security
log and see if its been wiped)

Also try going to http://192.168.2.1/ADSL_status_main.stm after logging in
to the router and make a note of the SNR (Noise Margin) and Attenuation

You can also try disconnecting all the telephones/Sky boxes, extension
wiring etc and just stick the router in the master socket by itself - see of
that makes a difference.

Finally have you updated to the latest firmware? Belkin released a new
version last month...

Regards
Sunil

Old September 7th 04, 03:03 PM posted to alt.internet.wireless,uk.comp.home-networking
Tracker

I have a similar problem with Belkin wireless router dropping out modem
which just started a week ago. Still trying to find out why. Have not
updated firmware as the router has been working without any problem for
weeks.

Tying to find out if problem is related to XP SP2 and Zone Alarms firewall.

RW