closing port 80 on D-link 604+

Old September 8th 04, 12:11 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Bob J

Default closing port 80 on D-link 604+

Hi,

I'm hoping somebody can help me to close port 80 on my D-link 604+ router.
Basically on the "advanced filtering and firewall" menu I have created a new
rule but am unable to figure out what I need to enter into the various
boxes. I obviously know that I need to close port 80 and that the protocol
is TCP but I'm unsure what I need to put for source and destination IP and
subnet mask boxes. If there are any guides on how to configure the 604+ I
would really appreciate links to them!

The d-link 604 manual is both out of date and doesn't provide anything other
than very basic information. And yes, I have googled but can't find
anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old September 8th 04, 01:39 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dr Zoidberg

Bob J wrote:
Hi,

I'm hoping somebody can help me to close port 80 on my D-link 604+

For incoming or outbound traffic?

--
Alex

"We are now up against live, hostile targets"

"So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad
attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch! "

www.drzoidberg.co.uk
www.ebayfaq.co.uk

Old September 8th 04, 03:25 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Bob J

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...

Do you mean DI-614+ ? I'm not aware of a DI-604+ and I can't find any
reference to it on the D-Link site or Google.

No. I have a D-link DSL 604+ wireless ADSL/modem router.

Old September 8th 04, 03:33 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Bob J

"Dr Zoidberg" wrote in message
Bob J wrote:
Hi,

I'm hoping somebody can help me to close port 80 on my D-link 604+

For incoming or outbound traffic?

Incoming. I've just got the router and a quick scan using the symantec port
scanner appears to show that port 80 is open (along with 22 but I'm not so
worried about that). I'm not running a web server so have no real need for
it to be open.

It's actually not that urgent as I will be getting one of the IT Security
Consultants at work to run a full pen test against my ip when I return to
work and I'm sure there will be other things that I need to sort out :-)