Safecom router problem...

Old September 8th 04, 11:21 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Charles

Default Safecom router problem...

Quick post just in case anyone has expeariced anything similar to my current
problem. Basically I have Safecom broadband router with a build in Modem,
pretty much similar to this one if not the same:

and a few days ago I was using Xboxlive with it playing online when suddenly
the Xbox said that the cable had been disconnected. Of course the cable was
still in it but the Xbox just did not recognise it. The same thing was
happening with the other computers linked to the router as each of them said
that they had no Ethernet cable plugged into them when they all did. The
router seemed to just stop 'talking to all the computers plugged into it'.
the router itself seems fine, the adsl light in on which means it's got a
connection and the ready light is flashing (which is probably good) but
there are no lights for anything plugged into it.

So to sum up. Playing on Xbox on live. Everything works. Next moment
everything loses contact with the router and says they are not even plugged
in.

Anyone had any similar problems and if so how did you solve it.

Thanks
Charles