Wirless Setup Recomendations

Old September 9th 04, 10:44 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Paul Henry

Default Wirless Setup Recomendations

Hi guys

My router has just given up the ghost and its been a pain in the backside
since day one so its going.

I am looking at going wi fi as its going to be easier to use as we dont
really have the option of running cableing

I need to run 3 base computers I think I can run 2 of these of a cable
connection with the router in the same room or I can have 1 base in the
other room with the router and 2 base units on wifi I would preafer just the
one base to be on wi fi to be honest.

I also have a laptop that im going to put a wi fi card into as I do alot of
electrical instilation work on site here and its good for pulling the
manuals of the net onto the laptop save me runing in and out with a usb pen
drive :-)

I have looked at ebuyer and they have some cheap kit can anyone recomend
anyhing or a good cheap soloution I gather at the moment I need a wifi
router 1 pci card and 1 pcmia card

I have not done anything with wireless before and totally in the dark till I
do some reading up if anyone can help I would be very gratefull

All the best
Paul

Old September 10th 04, 08:57 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Graham

we have just got one and it is o.k. but it doesn't have a firewall built in
and is about 30 less than on the bt site.
BT Voyager 2100 Wireless ADSL modem router from PCWorld 100 = Laptop
wireless works from diagonal downstairs room via stairwell to small
bedroom - slow/poor connection for moving files but - hey - at least it is
wireless and works!!
Voyager 2100 Wireless ADSL modem router
http://tinyurl.com/42xux

Voyager 2100 Wireless ADSL modem router