BT Voyager not working under Windows XP

Old September 10th 04, 11:32 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Zero

Default BT Voyager not working under Windows XP

Hi,

I have just got a laptop running windows XP. I tried using my BT
voyager adsl modem, using the driver on the CD and/or the one they
have on their website. Conencting to the Internet is fine, but the
speed is very slow. For example, when browsing the web, it is
possibly slower than the normal dialup connection.

This is strange because the BT Voyager adsl seems to work very well
when connected to my PC which runs Windows 98 ( it also works well
under linux!!).

Why does it not work under Windows XP? Do I need to find a new driver
for Win XP?

Thanks,
Old September 10th 04, 11:44 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
JOD

"Zero" wrote in message
m...

What model number is your BT Voyager? I.E. 100, 200 ect...

Old September 11th 04, 08:35 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Zero

"JOD" wrote in message ...
"Zero" wrote in message
m...

What model number is your BT Voyager? I.E. 100, 200 ect...

Not sure. It only says BT Voyager USB ADSL Modem. I've had it for
about two years now.

Old September 11th 04, 03:23 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Zero

Look at this website:

http://www.voyager.bt.com/usb_index.htm

It's the first one from the left. That's the one I have.