File sharing question

Old September 11th 04, 04:03 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Stephen Fisher

Default File sharing question

I have 2 pcs running windows xp with somple file sharing switched off and
netbios over TC/IP checked.

PCs connect to interent though a router.

I can "see" each pc from the other but i have problems when trying to copy
files or going into directories/sub directories.

On each PC there are two profiles, one for myuself and one for my wife.

Should these profiles have passwords to be enable file sharing or is the
problem elsewhere?

Regards

Stephen Fisher

Old September 14th 04, 03:54 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
bad_skipper

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...ilesharing.htm
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...ring/index.htm

--