blueyonder & Wireless networking

Old September 11th 04, 07:50 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
a Individual

Default blueyonder & Wireless networking

'ello,

I'm getting blueyonder 750K Broadband installed sometime this week and I was
wondering what's the best Wireless networking kit to go for?

Thank You for your time.

--
Does a coffin have a lifetime guarantee?!

Old September 11th 04, 10:26 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
THe NuTTeR

Kits aren't always the best way to go.
You basically need a broadband router, make sure it isn't one with a DSL
modem in it, and has an ethernet LAN port.
Then some wireless cards, best to get the same brand as the router, but
not vital.
One last thing, wires are better than wireless!

Old September 11th 04, 10:47 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 19:50:39 +0100, "a Individual"
wrote:

'ello,

I'm getting blueyonder 750K Broadband installed sometime this week and I was
wondering what's the best Wireless networking kit to go for?

Thank You for your time.

I can recommend the Linksys WRT54G as a wireless Router. Mine has
given me no trouble on Telewest. I suggets that one pc is wired to
make the set up easier.

Old September 12th 04, 10:43 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
XBOX Snippets

wrote:

'ello,

I'm getting blueyonder 750K Broadband installed sometime this week and I
was
wondering what's the best Wireless networking kit to go for?

Thank You for your time.

I can recommend the Linksys WRT54G as a wireless Router. Mine has
given me no trouble on Telewest. I suggets that one pc is wired to
make the set up easier.

I have this router and it is very good. It is the 54G one and you can get
the 11MBps one for 36 quid from Amazon (inc pp). Only thing to say though
about the WRT54G is that it seems to be probmatic on XBOX Live. If you dont
use this then no worries.

The WRT54G has a very good bios page with lots of options like allowing
access at set times and filtering words/web pages etc

Good luck - WiiFi is the best thing that I did to my home setup :-)

Simon