Network help needed

Old September 12th 04, 05:06 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
/\\/\\orpheus

Default Network help needed

Need help in setting up my D-Link DI-604 router on NTL (or is that NTHell!)
Have been tryin for a while now without success.

When first plugging router in, most times the wan light dont light up, have
tried cloning the mac address and also have reset router back to default
but no luck, i also have tried moving the router address from 192.168.0.1
to 192.168.0.50 but no luck, the odd time i have had a conenction on the
lan light and full internet activity but only very very very slow
connection (shows as 0.36k with netlimiter)and drops the connection at the
slightest thing even just changing a router setting, have checked firewall
is deactivated both on router and by software and all filters and rules are
disabled. All network cabling is new and has been checked too.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated - TIA

--
"We cannot predict where, ultimately, the Computer Revolution will take us.
All we know for certain is that, when we finally get there, we won't have
Old September 13th 04, 01:22 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

In article , ""/\\/\\orpheus"
" "/\\/\\orpheus" says...
Need help in setting up my D-Link DI-604 router on NTL (or is that NTHell!)
Have been tryin for a while now without success.

When first plugging router in, most times the wan light dont light up, have
tried cloning the mac address and also have reset router back to default
but no luck, i also have tried moving the router address from 192.168.0.1
to 192.168.0.50 but no luck, the odd time i have had a conenction on the
lan light and full internet activity but only very very very slow
connection (shows as 0.36k with netlimiter)and drops the connection at the
slightest thing even just changing a router setting, have checked firewall
is deactivated both on router and by software and all filters and rules are
disabled. All network cabling is new and has been checked too.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated - TIA

I'd suggest resetting the router to the factory defaults and starting
again. I seem to remember that mine worked pretty much out of the box.
If yours doesn't work at the default settings try running the setup
wizard.