No logon screen on D-Link DSL-504

Old September 13th 04, 09:48 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Martin Thompson

Default No logon screen on D-Link DSL-504

Hi,
I've just come back from holiday, when my PC was turned off, but the router
was left on.
I booted the PC, and all seemed fine.
However, I now find that I can't access the configuration of the router - I
typed the usual http://192.168.0.1 but instead of the usual logon screen, I
get "the page cannot be displayed".
This is the same from my wife's pc on the network too.
I daren't reboot the router, as I may loose my connection altogether, and
therefore my access to the net and newsgroups for help!
I've connected to the router via a serial cable and discovered the firmware
version is R2.21.002.06.b2t10uk.
Any help much aprecciated, thanks,
Martin

Old September 13th 04, 12:53 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
gbnews

Martin Thompson wrote:
Hi,
I've just come back from holiday, when my PC was turned off, but the
router was left on.
I booted the PC, and all seemed fine.
However, I now find that I can't access the configuration of the
router - I typed the usual http://192.168.0.1 but instead of the
usual logon screen, I get "the page cannot be displayed".
This is the same from my wife's pc on the network too.
I daren't reboot the router, as I may loose my connection altogether,
and therefore my access to the net and newsgroups for help!
I've connected to the router via a serial cable and discovered the
firmware version is R2.21.002.06.b2t10uk.
Any help much aprecciated, thanks,
Martin

Reboot it. Use a modem as back-up if it doesn't come back up.
--
gbnews )