Help Wireless ICS on Wireless Broadband

Old September 15th 04, 06:53 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
KevinC

Default Help Wireless ICS on Wireless Broadband

I have just moved house, no cable or ADSL navailable so I now have a
wireless broadband connection. I want to ressurect my internet connection
sharing over my adhoc peer to peer wireless network I had with my old USB
cable connection at my previous address. Problem is I lose the lan
connection about every minute.

For various reasons I cannot use a wired lan and the ISP wants another 25 a
month for a wireless router connection and they are my only option for a
broadband connection.

My config
Desktop
Win XP home
Dlink DWL520+ pci wireless card. connection to broadband
Dlink DWL510 pci wireless card wireless lan connection.

Laptop
Win XP pro
Intel R100 built in 54G wireless lan

Configured the ICS on the desktop and now have DWL520 with a DCHP aquired IP
to the Broadband ISP. DWL 510 with a static IP of 192.168.0.1. Mask
255.255.0.0

Laptop configured with the Intel R100 to obtain an IP via DCHP.

As I say this all works ok but the Laptop drops the wireless connection
every 60 secs or so before usually picking it up again after 5 or 6 secs
but some times I have to manually reconnect. It seems to be a conflict on
the network somewhere but all the settings seem to be right. It is the
laptop which loses the connection. Have tested it accessing a peer to peer
network with a coleagues laptop and it works fine. It only exhibits the
connection dropping on the ICS setup. I have also tested the ICS using a
wired lan crossover cable and this works fine.

What have I done wrong. Can you not have two wireless network cards in the
same computer?

Thanks if you can help?

Old September 16th 04, 11:06 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
THe NuTTeR

It could just be interference. If you can afford it, it may be worth you
converting your own home wireless network to 11a standard, which uses a
different frequency (5GHz)