linksys wag54g snapped antenna mount

Old September 16th 04, 10:41 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
sam

Default linksys wag54g snapped antenna mount

it just happened.oops....

wag54g router in basement of house ( well its my nodezero for my wired
network) had router balancing on a ledge to get a signel on the second floor
of my house,router fell off ledge plastic antenna mount cracked(. the
router antenna doesnt unscrew

i seen wireless gump.org about getting into the linksys wag54g- and since it
snapped warranty is now useless so how can i extend my antenna cable and put
a different antenna on the wag54g.- any reccomendations??

i am currently renovating the house so can mount the new antenna in hallway
nr the stairs and bury the cable behind the plaster in conduit

- i reckon i need about 4 metres of low loss cable max, have temp controlled
soldering iron- can i solder straight onto the connection -any tips on how
to do this??? and what cable type is the best??

Old September 17th 04, 12:16 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
mike

i would just put a small stub and connect another aerial.
4mts of coax will be pretty lossy.
unless you pay alot of money for the really goodstuff.

mike

"sam" wrote in message
[...]

---