hide folders from one client but not the other?

Old September 17th 04, 12:29 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Sirius

Default hide folders from one client but not the other?

With a wireless network comprising a desktop and two laptops (all using
Xp pro), is there a simple way to hide folders from one laptop but not
the other?
Old September 17th 04, 06:00 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Conor

In article , Sirius says...
With a wireless network comprising a desktop and two laptops (all using
Xp pro), is there a simple way to hide folders from one laptop but not
the other?

Using user accounts and permissions.

--
Conor

Opinions personal, facts suspect.
Old September 17th 04, 10:51 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
mike

but only if the hardisk is ntfs format.

mike

"Conor" wrote in message
. ..
In article , Sirius says...
With a wireless network comprising a desktop and two laptops (all using
Xp pro), is there a simple way to hide folders from one laptop but not
the other?

Using user accounts and permissions.

--
Conor

Opinions personal, facts suspect.

---

Old September 18th 04, 12:32 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Sirius

Conor wrote:
In article , Sirius says...

With a wireless network comprising a desktop and two laptops (all using
Xp pro), is there a simple way to hide folders from one laptop but not
the other?

Using user accounts and permissions.

I guess I need to read up about this as I can't figure it out from the
Sharing and Security menu. Can I definitly make folders private and yet
access them over the network? Would I log in using the same user name
and password on each computer?
Old September 23rd 04, 01:17 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
THe NuTTeR

IIRC you also need XP Pro, home won't do permissions.
You would have to use different usernames and passwords on the different
computers, and make sure they aren't administrator users.
Also turn off simple file sharing.

"Sirius" wrote in message
In article , Sirius says...