HELP with port forwarding

Old September 17th 04, 04:39 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Derek

Default HELP with port forwarding

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:22:33 +0100, Cyberdog
wrote:

Hi All,
I have a couple of computers running Windows XP(home), connected to a
D-Link DSL504 router. My son wants me to forward port 8000, so he can
use the Shoutcast audio streaming software. Can anyone please tell me
how to go about this and is their any security risk to my network in
doing so.Thanks

Port Forwarding is found under Configuration - Port Redirection.

Once you get there it should be fairly obvious what goes where.

The security risks are those associated with running a IIS server on
your system.

Derek
--
'It's called a "contract" because that's what the typeface does towards
the bottom.' - James "Kibo" Parry