Netgear DG834G

Old September 17th 04, 05:13 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Nigel

Default Netgear DG834G

Firmware 1.04.01
Using a wired connection to an XP SP2 PC and to a Win 2000 PC.
At least once a day the router loses the Internet connection for no
apparent reason. (Nothing or nothing much being done at the time). It
can be re-stored by unplugging/re-plugging (maybe 2x or 3x)the power
supply lead to the router but despite closing network/Internet
applications this usually freezes the main PC (XP). CrtlAltDel doesn't
even work and it has to be turned off at the mains and re-started. It
even happened whilst I was doing this posting! Does anyone know what
may be causing this?

Nigel
Old September 17th 04, 08:38 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Tiny Tim

"Nigel" wrote in message
om...
Firmware 1.04.01
Using a wired connection to an XP SP2 PC and to a Win 2000 PC.
At least once a day the router loses the Internet connection for no
apparent reason. (Nothing or nothing much being done at the time). It
can be re-stored by unplugging/re-plugging (maybe 2x or 3x)the power
supply lead to the router but despite closing network/Internet
applications this usually freezes the main PC (XP). CrtlAltDel doesn't
even work and it has to be turned off at the mains and re-started. It
even happened whilst I was doing this posting! Does anyone know what
may be causing this?

Nigel

IMHO 1.04.01 was not a good release. The 1.04.04 beta was much better, as is
the current latest release - 1.05.00. I suggest you upgrade your firmware
and see if that improves matters.