Question regarding DMZ Server - is it ok to put PS2 settings here?

Old September 20th 04, 09:17 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
MarkF

Default Question regarding DMZ Server - is it ok to put PS2 settings here?

Hi all.

I have been having a few (only a few, mind) problems with certain games on
my PS2 when I try to go online - and was wondering if there is a reason why
I can't put my console details as a DMZ server.

From what I understand, any machine with it's address in the DMZ will not be
protected by the firewall etc, and can recieve all incoming activity - which
surely would be ok if it's a PlayStation 2?

Ta,

Mark

PS My router is the Netgear DG834G

Old September 21st 04, 12:24 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Ben Cottrell

MarkF wrote:

Hi all.

I have been having a few (only a few, mind) problems with certain games on
my PS2 when I try to go online - and was wondering if there is a reason why
I can't put my console details as a DMZ server.

From what I understand, any machine with it's address in the DMZ will not be
protected by the firewall etc, and can recieve all incoming activity - which
surely would be ok if it's a PlayStation 2?

I've never heard of anyone who uses a Firewall with a Playstation 2...

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

Disclaimer:
This post may contain explicit depictions of things which are "real".
These "real" things are commonly known as 'life'! So, if it sounds
sarcastic, don't take it seriously. If it sounds hazardous, Do not try
this at home or at all. And if it offends you, just don't read it.
Old September 22nd 04, 10:01 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
deKay

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Tue, 21 Sep
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk Ben Cottrell
fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

From what I understand, any machine with it's address in the DMZ will not be
protected by the firewall etc, and can recieve all incoming activity - which
surely would be ok if it's a PlayStation 2?

I've never heard of anyone who uses a Firewall with a Playstation 2...

You have now.

deKay
--
+ Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk AC: deKay in Sponge