Setting up new home network using wireless Netgear DG834G etc ...

Old September 20th 04, 09:23 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
MarkF

Default Setting up new home network using wireless Netgear DG834G etc ...

Hi all.

I have just fitted a second home PC with a wireless network card, and was
wondering what I have to do to setup a full home network via my Netgear
DG834G wireless router.

As things stand at the moment both PCs connect ok to the router - and are
able to use the broadband connection fine (router has inbuilt ADSL modem).
However, if I want to be able to transfer data from one PC to the other -
what else do I need to do / setup.

Many thanks.

Mark

Old September 21st 04, 02:02 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
[ste parker]

MarkF wrote:
Hi all.

I have just fitted a second home PC with a wireless network card, and was
wondering what I have to do to setup a full home network via my Netgear
DG834G wireless router.

As things stand at the moment both PCs connect ok to the router - and are
able to use the broadband connection fine (router has inbuilt ADSL modem).
However, if I want to be able to transfer data from one PC to the other -
what else do I need to do / setup.

Have you actually tried looking for the other PC via explorer or
somesuch? That'd be a good start! You don't say what OS each machine
has, if they're both XP (Pro or Home) then you probably don't have to do
anything apart from share whichever folders you want to see on the other
PC. You could put them both in the same workgroup, but even thats not
essential.

--
[ste]