LAN file transfer software package?

Old September 21st 04, 10:25 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Odie Ferrous

Default LAN file transfer software package?

Am fed up with Windows Explorer getting halfway through a 50GB file
transfer between 2 PCs on my LAN and coming across a single file that
causes a problem resulting in the whole caboodle bombing out.

XCOPY does not work across networked drives.

Does anyone know of a simple, freebie file copy program that doesn't
have this mindless problem attached?

THanks

Odie

--

RetroData
Data Recovery Experts
Old September 21st 04, 10:46 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Michael Salem

Odie Ferrous wrote:

Am fed up with Windows Explorer getting halfway through a 50GB file
transfer between 2 PCs on my LAN and coming across a single file that
causes a problem resulting in the whole caboodle bombing out.

XCOPY does not work across networked drives.

Does anyone know of a simple, freebie file copy program that doesn't
have this mindless problem attached?

XXCOPY with the /C option?

HTH,
--
Michael Salem
Old September 21st 04, 11:20 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
[ste parker]

Odie Ferrous wrote:

Am fed up with Windows Explorer getting halfway through a 50GB file
transfer between 2 PCs on my LAN and coming across a single file that
causes a problem resulting in the whole caboodle bombing out.

XCOPY does not work across networked drives.

snip

I'm pretty sure it does, one of our customers in the US distributes
software updates over their network using XCOPY in a batch file that
runs at logon.

--
[ste]
Old September 21st 04, 12:45 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Alex Fraser

"Odie Ferrous" wrote in message
Am fed up with Windows Explorer getting halfway through a 50GB file
transfer between 2 PCs on my LAN and coming across a single file that
causes a problem resulting in the whole caboodle bombing out.

XCOPY does not work across networked drives.

Did you try mapping the drives instead of using UNC paths
("\\machine\share\etc")?

Alex