DLink vs Netgear

Old September 24th 04, 10:40 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dan

Default DLink vs Netgear

I've currently got a Dlink DSL-504, and there's a few things about it that
annoy me. The main one being that it locks up everytime I try to do a file
transfer with MSN. I've tried changing firmware to see if that fixes it,
and it just crashes. Doing google searches shows that I'm not the only one
with these problems, and looking on DLink's website, they've discontinued
support of this product. Other annoyances - having to reboot the router
every time you make a change.

Unless anyone knows of a fix for this msn problem (?), then I'm thinking
about changing the router. If I get another one, I'll probably stay well
away from DLink's products. How do netgear's stuff compare? Are they a lot
better than DLink?

Thanks for any advice/opinions,
Regards,
Dan.

Old September 24th 04, 10:42 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Grouch

Dan wrote:
|| I've currently got a Dlink DSL-504, and there's a few things about
|| it that annoy me. The main one being that it locks up everytime I
|| try to do a file transfer with MSN. I've tried changing firmware to
|| see if that fixes it, and it just crashes. Doing google searches
|| shows that I'm not the only one with these problems, and looking on
|| DLink's website, they've discontinued support of this product.
|| Other annoyances - having to reboot the router every time you make a
|| change.
|| Unless anyone knows of a fix for this msn problem (?), then I'm
|| thinking about changing the router. If I get another one, I'll
|| probably stay well away from DLink's products. How do netgear's
|| stuff compare? Are they a lot better than DLink?
|| Thanks for any advice/opinions,
|| Regards,
|| Dan.

Get a basic free account and someone there will give you an answer.
http://www.dslreports.com/forums/18

--
Grouch
www.webcamz.myby.co.uk

Old September 25th 04, 08:48 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Lalit Dhiri

"Dan" wrote in message
[...]

Don't D-Link offer long guarantees on their HW? Might be worth while getting
in touch with them...

Old September 26th 04, 10:45 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dan

"Lalit Dhiri" |||antispam||| wrote in message
. ..
"Dan" wrote in message
[...]

Maybe, but I bought it second hand from Ebay about a year ago, so no
receipts ( This msn thing has been annoying me ever since then - I just
thought it's about time to do something about it.