Wireless internet and TV maybe?

Old September 24th 04, 11:17 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Sie

Default Wireless internet and TV maybe?

Ok here's my predicament.

I have a nice 54mb wireless router setup in my lounge in my house. Up until
now I have accessed this from another room in my house via my laptop.

My laptop recently bit the dust. So my question is a question that may be
irrelevant to this group but I'm not sure which group it may be relevant to.

I am thinking of raping the laptop for the working lcd screen and attaching
it to a self built desktop small PC then using that to access the internet
in the room I used to access with my laptop.

On top of that. I currently have cable digital TV and thought maybe through
one of the reception transmitters on the market I could pick up the signal
on my new PC setup.

Hope you know where I am coming from on this and recommendations to all
hardware needed would be appreciated. Are these new TV radio transmitters
good enough?

Thanks in advance

Sie

Old October 1st 04, 11:02 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 22:17:22 GMT, "Sie"
wrote:

[...]

The netgem freeview box may be an option, it is currenly available
from the BT web page (rebadged BT) for about 65ukp which includes a
wifi keyboard.

Internet access reasonable and all TV freeview channels available.

Works on WiFi (with certain adapters) or DUN.

geoff Lane