Scripts

Old September 25th 04, 06:10 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Carl04

Default Scripts

Could someone please make me or tell me how to make a logon script to map a
network drive?

TIA

Carl

Old September 25th 04, 09:36 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dr Zoidberg

Carl04 wrote:
Could someone please make me or tell me how to make a logon script
to map a network drive?

The command is
NET USE e: \\servername\sharename
save that as a text file with a .bat extension , then either stick that file
in the startup folder of the program list , or learn how to use the local
computer policy to run it as a startup script

--
Alex

"We are now up against live, hostile targets"

"So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad
attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch! "

www.drzoidberg.co.uk
www.ebayfaq.co.uk

Old September 28th 04, 07:35 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Phil

Something i prepared earlier:

@echo off

rem - Login script for Medical Records
rem - Created by Phil Jennings 28/09/04

rem - Connect to relevant workgroup directory and then
rem - run common login elements for all users

rem OS specific drive mapping (NT uses Persistent switch)
if "%OS%" == "Windows_NT" goto NT_OS

rem Connect to Users Workgroup Directory
net use I: \\com1\medicalrecords$
net use J: \\com1\supplies$
net use K: \\com1\general$
net use R: \\com1\%username%$

Goto END

:NT_OS
rem Connect to Users Workgroup Directory
net use I: \\com1\medicalrecords$ /PERSISTENT:NO
net use J: \\com1\supplies$ /PERSISTENT:NO
net use K: \\com1\general$ /PERSISTENT:NO
net use R: \\com1\%username%$ /PERSISTENT:NO

:END

rem Run generic script for all users
call \\rlhdc02\netlogon\Allusers.bat

rem If Operating System is NT then mail and schedule will start
rem if the user wishes from the startup group in the users profile.
if "%OS%" == "Windows_NT" goto EXit

rem Start Mail
rem c:\"Program Files"\"Microsoft Exchange"\Exchng32.exe

rem Start Schedule
rem c:\msoffice\schedule\schdpl32.exe

:Exit