networking Linksys non wireless 4 port router/firewall and my cable modem in another room?

Old September 27th 04, 12:26 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
cambarne

Default networking Linksys non wireless 4 port router/firewall and my cable modem in another room?

I am in France and trying to use the Free.fr box/ cable modem/ cable
TV box. The problem I have is this, currently I have a pc and a laptop
linked by my linksys 4 port router connected into my cable
modem/Free.fr all inclusive box.

I now want to move the cable modm/Free.fr box into another room of the
house. I have recieved from free.fr my 802.11b pcmcia card that
wireless enables the free.fr/cable modem. If I put the cabel
modem/freee.fr box in the other room next to my TV how do I pick up
the 802.11b signal that is being transmitted from the Free.fr/ cable
modem with my non wireless firewall/router. My non wireless router
only has an RJ45 (in).

I have only had the firewall router for about two years and it works
great and I dont wat to have to go out and spend another couple of
hundred euros on a wireless version and pcmcia cards for both my PC
and laptop.

How can I transmit the network between my Free.fr/ cable modem/ Cable
TV box and my non wireless router in the other room without having to
buy a wireless router/firewall.

I went to a local shop and the guy said "O you need a wirelss extern
for an RJ45", yet I have not been able to find one that exists? Does
it?

Can anyone please help me and possible point me to a modle number of
the piece of hardware I am loolking for and somewhere to buy from that
is cheap and delivers in France?

many thanks
Cam
Old September 27th 04, 05:58 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

In article ,
"cambarne" says...
[...]

Don't know about delivery to France though - can you find a French
equivalent of Kelkoo?