Blueyonder supplied MR814v2 wireless acces point

Old September 28th 04, 12:19 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Scotty

Default Blueyonder supplied MR814v2 wireless acces point

Hi,
I have the MR814v2 4 port wireless router as supplied by Blueyonder as a
wireless access point.

I now have changed over to a standalone Cable Modem, and am trying to set
it up as a router, I think it has been disabled in some way by Netgear for
blueyonder, as, on a sticker on the bottom it says - "This device will only
support one PC" - This should support 4 wired conecctions and the wireless.

I have hooked up a NIC to one of the LAN ports and it won't give me an IP
address, I have set a static IP of 192.168.0.2 on my NIC, hoping this would
allow me into the routers config which according to the Netgear site is at
http://192.168.0.1 - Operatin Timed out, and I can't ping it either.

With the 192.168.0.2 static IP assigned I am getting packets sent and
recieved between the NIC and the router, so there must be someway to remove
the restrictions.

I have tried reseting it to factory defaults by holding the reset button
for 10 secends - no difference.

The LAN light on the router lights up OK when the NIC is connected, it just
won't give me an IP?

Any Ideas how I can remove the restrictions?
--
Scotty.
27/09/2004 23:19:44