PCI v USB

Old September 30th 04, 10:05 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Grouch

Default PCI v USB

Hi Which is better when it comes to installing a Wireless connection to
router.
A USB adaptor or PCI card.?
what drawbacks are there if any with the both.

TIA.

--
Grouch
www.webcamz.myby.co.uk

Old September 30th 04, 10:16 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
deKay

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu, 30 Sep
2004 09:05:53 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "Grouch"
fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

Hi Which is better when it comes to installing a Wireless connection to
router.
A USB adaptor or PCI card.?
what drawbacks are there if any with the both.

USB:
Pros: Usually easier to put the adapter where it will pick up a better signal.
You don't need to open up your PC. Usually cheaper.
Cons: Uses more CPU time. Can be slow if only a USB1.1 port.

PCI:
Pros: Less CPU time used than USB.
Cons: Some other PCI cards (such as TV tuners) can cause interference on the
wifi card.

Hope that helps somewhat

deKay
--