Belkin F5D7230 router & F5D7010 pcmcia card

Old September 30th 04, 12:23 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Ian Diddams

Default Belkin F5D7230 router & F5D7010 pcmcia card

rather connected to another post made earlier today, following some
further research I've narrowed down my potential purchases to

1) Belkin F5D7230 router (54g), and
2) Belkin F5D7010 pcmcia card (54g)

They both seem to have decent reviews on dabs and easyshopper, anre in
a price range I can just about justify, and more by accident than
design but nevertheless presumably useful are from the same
maunfacturors and would hopeully have less compatibility issues (at
least between themselves).

Anybody have anything to add/say/advise for/against them before I go
and splash out my hard earned cash?

FWIW, the broadband "modem" I use is a DLink 300G+, and the laptop is
a Gericom thing of around 2.5 years old running XP home (but probably
older than that in reality as it was end of range basically).

cheers

ian