ISP DNS addresses?

Old September 30th 04, 02:01 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Toby Newman

Default ISP DNS addresses?

I have a problem at home where I have to regularly change DNS servers to
access my home page. While I am trying to get to the root of the
problem, I am also running out of DNS addresses to use.

I've tried looking on the web for a list of DNS addresses but not found
a good one, so I thought I'd start one here

# Telewest (although it doesn't seem to work)
nameserver 62.31.144.39
nameserver 195.188.53.175
nameserver 62.31.112.39

# Freeserve
nameserver 194.152.64.68
nameserver 194.152.64.34
nameserver 194.152.64.35

# NTL
nameserver 194.168.4.100
nameserver 194.168.8.100

Please add any that you use

--
Toby
Old October 1st 04, 11:28 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Toby Newman

Please add any that you use

If you don't know where to look:

==If you use a router
http://192.168.1.1 and then go to "status" or similar.

==Windows
Control panel
Network connections
Rightclick the network you use for internet
Select TCP/IP and go properties
DNS server is in the dialog that pops up

==In linux
# less /etc/resolve.conf

Thanks,

--
Toby
Old October 1st 04, 12:38 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Chris Lloyd

Toby Newman wrote:
I have a problem at home where I have to regularly change DNS servers to
access my home page. While I am trying to get to the root of the
problem, I am also running out of DNS addresses to use.

I've tried looking on the web for a list of DNS addresses but not found
a good one, so I thought I'd start one here

# Telewest (although it doesn't seem to work)
nameserver 62.31.144.39
nameserver 195.188.53.175
nameserver 62.31.112.39

# Freeserve