Registering a DHCP client

Old October 1st 04, 11:09 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Grouch

Default Registering a DHCP client

I have a wireless camera on my network and I have to create a DHCP client
for it to work wirelessly but it keeps corrupting my network settings on the
router (Alcatel Speedtouch 570) It works great ethernet hardwired no
problems at all.

The wireless camera has it's own built in server and PC's on network can be
turned off and camera will still be functional providing router is still
active.

Can anyone point me to a good URL on setting up the DHCP as I think this is
where the problem lies.

Or does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks very much.

--
Grouch
www.webcamz.myby.co.uk

Old October 1st 04, 02:01 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Michael Salem

Grouch wrote:

I have a wireless camera on my network and I have to create a DHCP client
for it to work wirelessly but it keeps corrupting my network settings on the
router (Alcatel Speedtouch 570) It works great ethernet hardwired no
problems at all.

The wireless camera has it's own built in server and PC's on network can be
turned off and camera will still be functional providing router is still
active.

You only want one DHCP server on your network. Most router act as DHCP
server, as can other equipment. Disable all but one.

Best wishes,
--
Michael Salem