Lan prob??

Old December 13th 04, 09:04 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
steve

Default Lan prob??

hi all, i have a billion nroadband firewall gateway.
i need to connect my laptop to my desktop machine, but i have a university
Lan connection (cable from desktop straight into a jack in the wall).
i have 2 lan plugs in my desktop, one of which plugs into the wall, and a
spare one.
now, does anyone have any idea how i would connect these two computers
together?
im crap at this sort of thing BTW

thanx

steve

Old December 13th 04, 10:06 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Paul

"steve" wrote in message
hi all, i have a billion nroadband firewall gateway.
i need to connect my laptop to my desktop machine, but i have a university
Lan connection (cable from desktop straight into a jack in the wall).
i have 2 lan plugs in my desktop, one of which plugs into the wall, and a
spare one.
now, does anyone have any idea how i would connect these two computers
together?
im crap at this sort of thing BTW

thanx

steve

Run a Crossover cable from the second LAN port on your desktop to the LAN
port on your laptop and run the Home/Office Network wizard.

If you wish to share the Internet connection you will probably need to
enable Internet connection sharing on the desktop.