VNC Question?

Old December 14th 04, 01:59 PM posted to ntl.discussion.home-networking,uk.comp.home-networking
Carl

Default VNC Question?

Hi, is there any way to stop the VNC icon on the taskbar changing colour
when i connect to another machine on my local lan, and also stop the cursor
flashing once i login?

And are there any addons to allow me to lock the user from using the
keyboard/mouse when i login to VNC? or similar software.

Thanks In Advance : )

Carl

Old December 15th 04, 08:36 AM posted to ntl.discussion.home-networking,uk.comp.home-networking
Eric

Carl wrote:

Hi, is there any way to stop the VNC icon on the taskbar changing colour
when i connect to another machine on my local lan, and also stop the
cursor flashing once i login?

And are there any addons to allow me to lock the user from using the
keyboard/mouse when i login to VNC? or similar software.

If you are talking about Windows and Old MacOS VNC servers, then no. This
is a deliberate design feature.

On a unix box then it is a different story.

Eric

Old December 17th 04, 10:16 PM posted to ntl.discussion.home-networking,uk.comp.home-networking
Ian

"Carl" wrote in message
Hi, is there any way to stop the VNC icon on the taskbar changing colour
when i connect to another machine on my local lan, and also stop the

cursor
flashing once i login?

No , Its a design thing for the Icon, Not sure about cursor

And are there any addons to allow me to lock the user from using the
keyboard/mouse when i login to VNC? or similar software.

Yes , Tick the diable local keyboard option

Ian

Of course these answers are dependant on whch version you are running.