Linksys wireless router

Old December 16th 04, 03:55 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Del

Default Linksys wireless router

Is this totally incompatible with USB connected broadband?

Old December 16th 04, 04:46 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Paul

"Del" wrote in message
Is this totally incompatible with USB connected broadband?

Well first it would help if you actually posted WHAT Linksys router you're
actually on about.

Secondly, yes it probably is incompatible. USB has no place in "Proper"
networking so you'll be hard pushed to find a router with USB ports on it as
USB requires drivers to work.

Ditch USB, get an ethernet cable and connect your cable modem to the router
that way. Surely NTL's modem's aren't restricted to USB only?

Old December 16th 04, 10:22 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Captain Paraletic

Hmmmmm..

Well I have a Linksys wirless broadband router 54 g attached to an old
(never have got round to getting a new one) Terayon USB broadband
modem.
Modem connected into (obviously) the cable for broadband, then
connected into the Linksys router... no problems whatsoever...
have various connections to the router...
Printer HP 5 (via cat 5)
couple of laptops (wireless)
small server with 2 x 250 gig hard drives.
Large server with raid drives..
All connect to the "net" with no speed loss.... only had to reset it
twice in the year and a half I have used it.....

hope this helps...

CP

n Thu, 16 Dec 2004 03:55:32 GMT, "Del" wrote:

Is this totally incompatible with USB connected broadband?

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather,
not kicking and screaming like those in the back
of his car....
Old December 16th 04, 10:46 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Del

"Captain Paraletic" wrote in message
Hmmmmm..

Well I have a Linksys wirless broadband router 54 g attached to an old
(never have got round to getting a new one) Terayon USB broadband
modem.
Modem connected into (obviously) the cable for broadband, then
connected into the Linksys router... no problems whatsoever...
have various connections to the router...
Printer HP 5 (via cat 5)
couple of laptops (wireless)
small server with 2 x 250 gig hard drives.
Large server with raid drives..
All connect to the "net" with no speed loss.... only had to reset it
twice in the year and a half I have used it.....

hope this helps...

CP

Thanks, and more reassuring than the network snobbery of others,
Del.

Old December 16th 04, 10:57 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
lurch

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:46:42 GMT, "Del" strung
together this:

Thanks, and more reassuring than the network snobbery of others,
Del.

What's the point in asking a question if you're going to ignore the
answers you don't like?
Go and annoy another group troll.
--

SJW
Old December 16th 04, 11:08 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
recursor

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:46:42 GMT, "Del" strung
together this:

Thanks, and more reassuring than the network snobbery of others,
Del.

What's the point in asking a question if you're going to ignore the
answers you don't like?
Go and annoy another group troll.
--

Seconded, besides the setup captainparaletic? descibes isn't something you would buy starting from
scratch or even with just the router, although it was interesting to hear that it works.

Old December 16th 04, 11:45 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Del

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:46:42 GMT, "Del" strung
together this:

Thanks, and more reassuring than the network snobbery of others,
Del.

What's the point in asking a question if you're going to ignore the
answers you don't like?
Go and annoy another group troll.
--

You're the troll kid, I didn't ignore the answer, just didn't like the tone
of it.I suppose you didn't like the tone of mine and that's why you never

Old December 16th 04, 11:47 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Del

"recursor" wrote in message

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:46:42 GMT, "Del" strung
together this:

Thanks, and more reassuring than the network snobbery of others,
Del.

What's the point in asking a question if you're going to ignore the
answers you don't like?
Go and annoy another group troll.
--

Seconded, besides the setup captainparaletic? descibes isn't something
you would buy starting from scratch or even with just the router, although
it was interesting to hear that it works.

If you had something to add, perhaps you should have helped with the
original post. rather than jumping on the bandwagon with other trollers.
There are other places to carry out that kind of childish behaviour.
I can only apologise for even asking for advice.....then again, why should
I?

Old December 16th 04, 12:01 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
lurch

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:45:22 GMT, "Del" strung
together this:

You're the troll kid, I didn't ignore the answer, just didn't like the tone
of it.I suppose you didn't like the tone of mine and that's why you never
answered the question but decided to post a petulant reply?
YOU started the childish stuff..........not me.
Go and annoy some other grown ups.

You ignored the first reply, which is pretty much what I would have
said so I didn't see any need to repeat it.
You gave no information with your question so the answer could be
anything.
I hope you suffer a reasonably fatal accident in the near future you
****witted moron.
--

SJW
Old December 16th 04, 12:24 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Del

"Lurch" in a very dazed and confused state
of mind wrote in message ...
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:45:22 GMT, "Del" strung
together this:

You're the troll kid, I didn't ignore the answer, just didn't like the
tone
of it.I suppose you didn't like the tone of mine and that's why you never
answered the question but decided to post a petulant reply?
YOU started the childish stuff..........not me.
Go and annoy some other grown ups.

You ignored the first reply, which is pretty much what I would have
said so I didn't see any need to repeat it.
You gave no information with your question so the answer could be
anything.
I hope you suffer a reasonably fatal accident in the near future you
****witted moron.
--

Who's the troll now?
Grow up son.