Using wireless router with wireless/satellite broadband

Old December 18th 04, 05:29 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Trevor Appleton

Default Using wireless router with wireless/satellite broadband

We are shortly about to get broadband by wireless/satellite (community
system).

The provider says there is an extra charge of 5 per month for each extra
computer.

I currently connect 3 PC's via a router to an ISDN ISP. Two PC's are
connected by cable to the router the other is bluetooth wireless.

I can't imagine how the new set up will work?

Old December 18th 04, 06:11 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
lurch

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:29:01 -0000, "Trevor Appleton"
strung together this:

I can't imagine how the new set up will work?

Neither can I. Did you have a question about it that they couldn't
answer?
--

SJW
Old December 19th 04, 04:49 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Trevor Appleton

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:29:01 -0000, "Trevor Appleton"
strung together this:

I can't imagine how the new set up will work?

Neither can I. Did you have a question about it that they couldn't
answer?
--

Won't I be able to connect all three via the router?

Old December 19th 04, 04:50 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Trevor Appleton

Or to put it another way, can a wireless router connect to a wireless ISP
source?

Old December 19th 04, 03:07 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
lurch

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 04:49:13 -0000, "Trevor Appleton"
strung together this:

Won't I be able to connect all three via the router?

I don't know, have you asked them? I have no idea what ISP you are
using or the equipment. Did you ask them, or did you expect us to
telepathically gain all knowledge from you and your ISP?
--

SJW
Old December 19th 04, 03:44 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Trevor Appleton

Well the system won't be installed for a couple of weeks. I expected that
some where someone would be using wireless/sat and a wireless router,
doesn't seem improbable.

news