Home Network Failure

Old December 18th 04, 09:24 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default Home Network Failure

Had a similar problem and reset the hub/switch and it all worked
again.

Does it work if you switch off the firewall?

Have you installed SP2?

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 06:33:37 -0000, "ScrinnFenner"
wrote:

HI TVM for the reply

"Don_B" wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s51...
I think this article from TomsHardware may help you.

http://www.tomsnetworking.com/Sections-article64.php

Lovely... Many thanks.. I will check through it this afternoon.

Matt

"ScrinnFenner" wrote in message
Hi all

My home network was working fine... I could view the shared

folders/mapped
drives between my two PCs (both use XP Pro) and had the Internet

connection
sharing working well.
LAst night however, the network connections became unavailable. I am

unable
to ping each pc from the other.
The whole thing has gone. I started getting messages such as \\PC1
\Mirror(D) is not available...you might not have correct permissions etc
etc.
I have tried to start again with the network but still get the same

results.
For info, both PCs locations are dual wired to a Netgear Switch. Both

cable
runs for each PC give the same result / errors.
All lights on the switch are illuminated as expected, as extinguish when

the
cable is removed or disconnected somewhere.
I am certain this is not a cable problem. It is somewhere in the

settings.
Could it be viral? I normally use the Google search bar add in to IE6

but
noticed on PC2 that it had been replaced by something called IE

Explorer!
am running virus scans now as i type this.
Any thoughts?? Please help.. the missus is going ape cos she cannot do

her
course!

Many thanks in advance

Matt