Is this combinanation possible?

Old December 18th 04, 09:29 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default Is this combinanation possible?

Do all machines have the same workgroup ID ?

I am running a similar set up as you and have no problems.

Have vyou tried to run the home networking wizard on the laptop?

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:10:37 +0000, Arty Flinders
wrote:

Hi Folks,
I've been doing quite nicely with my WinXP Pro computer as the machine
with the Net access and my wife's Win 98 SE computer networked to it
and through it..

I've now swapped the WinXP Pro machine for a WinXP Home laptop.
As there is currently only a PCI ADSL modem available, the Win98 SE
machine is the one with the direct Internet access and I'm trying to
get the WinXP laptop to link with the older machine. Unfortunately,
everything I've tried so far to get the 2 machines sharing has come to
nought. They just dont seem to see each other.
Can anyone please tell me if this combination is possible and if so,
point me to info on making this setup work?

Regards

superdee
Old December 18th 04, 09:34 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
lurch

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 21:29:52 +0000, strung
together this:

big snip of most likely irrellevant text
Any chance you could stop replying to all the 9 month old posts?
--

SJW