Trying to connect laptop to 2 networks

Old December 19th 04, 08:58 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
IanF

Default Trying to connect laptop to 2 networks

Hi

Have 2 PC's, one laptop, one desktop. The laptop has Win XP Pro, the desktop
has Win XP Home. Laptop is using a "domain" to logon to Work network,
Desktop has a workgroup.

In the home I use Netgear 834G router, via wireless connection. Although the
laptop and the desktop PC can connect to the internet via the router,
neither PC nor laptop can "see each other" and the laptop cannot print via
the "network". I have set up "shared" folders on both the laptop and the
desktop and turned off firewalls. I have set "fixed" IP addresses on both
and neither will "ping" the other.

When I look at the "entire Network" only the works network is visible from
the laptop and only the home network is visible from the desktop. I know I
need to make the laptop part of the "home network" but how can I do this
when the laptop needs a "domain" for work and a "workgroup" for the home
network. There is also a VPN network on the laptop.

Thanks for any help

Ian