Linksys Wireless Network - Webstar Cable modem

Old December 20th 04, 07:45 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Phil Sturgeon

Default Linksys Wireless Network - Webstar Cable modem

Hey,

I have tried everything, and I cannot get the router to connect to the
modem. Them modem works fine, and so does the router, I just dont know
enough about IP/Gateway/etc settings to do this.

I am sure this has been answered, but can anybody tell me what settings
I need to configure in to get a wireless router talking to a blueyonder
cable modem?

Thanks,
Phil Sturgeon
Old December 21st 04, 12:12 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Del

"phoenix" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:45:54 GMT, Phil Sturgeon wrote:

Hey,

I have tried everything, and I cannot get the router to connect to the
modem. Them modem works fine, and so does the router, I just dont know
enough about IP/Gateway/etc settings to do this.

I am sure this has been answered, but can anybody tell me what settings
I need to configure in to get a wireless router talking to a blueyonder
cable modem?

Thanks,
Phil Sturgeon

You need to unplug your PC from the cable modem then power-off the CM for
couple of minutes, after that power-on the CM and let it get a firm
connection then plug in your router to the CM and power it on. When the
router has gone through the startup tests and got a green light on the WAN
connection plug in a wired PC and set-up the router.

You could have asked this in one of the Blueyonder self help newsgroups or
at www.cm-forums.co.uk

Regards

Bill

I'm hoping you may have given me the answer to a problem I have setting my
network up.
I had the router setup connected to cable modem then tried to connect laptop
via wireless. Should I have connected laptop prior to doing the initial set
up/configuration for the router?

Old December 21st 04, 09:29 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Phil Sturgeon

phoenix wrote:
On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:45:54 GMT, Phil Sturgeon wrote:

Hey,

I have tried everything, and I cannot get the router to connect to the
modem. Them modem works fine, and so does the router, I just dont know
enough about IP/Gateway/etc settings to do this.

I am sure this has been answered, but can anybody tell me what settings
I need to configure in to get a wireless router talking to a blueyonder
cable modem?

Thanks,
Phil Sturgeon

You need to unplug your PC from the cable modem then power-off the CM for a
couple of minutes, after that power-on the CM and let it get a firm
connection then plug in your router to the CM and power it on. When the
router has gone through the startup tests and got a green light on the WAN
connection plug in a wired PC and set-up the router.

You could have asked this in one of the Blueyonder self help newsgroups or
at www.cm-forums.co.uk

Regards

Bill

Cheers! That was one hell of a solution that I wouln't have thought of.
I have been playing with IP addresses and settings for a very long time!

Thanks again,
Phil