BT Voyager 2100 modem/router problem

Old December 20th 04, 07:58 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Bobby

Default BT Voyager 2100 modem/router problem

I recently replaced by Belkin modem/router with the BT Voyager product (the
2100). I have the full BT Broadband ADSL package (512K).

It set-up without any problems and connected OK but I am getting chronic
Internet speeds. It takes about 10 seconds for a web page to appear and my
download speed is around 8kb/s.

I have Belkin cards in my desktop machine and a BT card in my wife's laptop.
The problem is the same on them both.

Do I need to configure the router? It claims to come "pre-configured" for
common ADSL networks (which I presume includes BT Broadband). If so, what
should I change?

My current set-up is worse than dial-up (almost!).

Cheers.

Bobby

Old December 20th 04, 08:00 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Bobby

BTW I should have mentioned that my Belkin software reports an "Excellent"
connection with speeds of 36-54Mbs. So why the crap Internet speed?

Old December 22nd 04, 10:15 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Bobby

I changed the channel on the modem/router and this cured the problem.

BT Technical Support (via e-mail) advised me.