Linksys Router WRT54G

Old December 21st 04, 01:02 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Del

Default Linksys Router WRT54G

Help?

Wired router to PC and configuration/setup seemed to go without any problem.
I want to share broadband/files etc with daughters laptop, which has network
PC card. Please excuse my lack of knowledge, but do I have to now wire the
laptop and run the linksys configuration/setup again on that before she can
go wireless?
Thanks for any help,

Del.

Old December 21st 04, 01:48 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
mikeFNB

if you are not fitting any wireless cards anywhere, just using the router
hardwired via cat5 cable then no.
just set the router to be dhcp and set any pc wired to it to obtain ip
address automatically.
unless the internet modem is going direct to the router, then whichever pc
has the modem it must have ICS enabled and the gateway on the other pc's
must be set to 192.168.0.1. make sure they are in the same workgroup.

if you are using a wireless card in the laptop, then u use the disc that
comes with the wireless card.
then do as above

mike