Telco & Ethernet on Ethernet transmission line

Old December 22nd 04, 01:23 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
David McDonald

Default Telco & Ethernet on Ethernet transmission line

I wanted to move my ADSL router further away from my computer, but wanted to
amalgamate the Telco cable and the Ethernet 8 way cable, by inserting a
splitter between the wall socket and the router and the other end. All the
cables in the Ethernet cable are not used, there are 4 spare ones. 1
twisted pair up, 1 twisted pair down, but I want to know if there would be
interference between the digital and analogue transmission lines.

Thank You

Old December 23rd 04, 08:31 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
lurch

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:23:56 GMT, "David McDonald"
strung together this:

I wanted to move my ADSL router further away from my computer, but wanted to
amalgamate the Telco cable and the Ethernet 8 way cable, by inserting a
splitter between the wall socket and the router and the other end. All the
cables in the Ethernet cable are not used, there are 4 spare ones. 1
twisted pair up, 1 twisted pair down, but I want to know if there would be
interference between the digital and analogue transmission lines.

No, you can get away with doing that. Don't use those cat5 splitters
though as they use the wrong pairs, unless you're making your own
patch leads.
--

SJW
Old December 24th 04, 08:35 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
David McDonald

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:23:56 GMT, "David McDonald"
strung together this:

I wanted to move my ADSL router further away from my computer, but wanted
amalgamate the Telco cable and the Ethernet 8 way cable, by inserting a
splitter between the wall socket and the router and the other end. All
the
cables in the Ethernet cable are not used, there are 4 spare ones. 1
twisted pair up, 1 twisted pair down, but I want to know if there would be
interference between the digital and analogue transmission lines.

No, you can get away with doing that. Don't use those cat5 splitters
though as they use the wrong pairs, unless you're making your own
patch leads.
--

SJW

I thank you for your help