Network help needed please

Old December 25th 04, 10:15 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Simon

Default Network help needed please

Wife just got me a Netgear Dg834gt adsl modem wireless router and wg511t
laptop card for christmas.

I am totally new to this game but have managed to get the internet
connection on the laptop and on the main pc but cannot get the 2 computers
to see each other at all.

The main pc is connected by cable to my lan card and laptop via wireless. I
have run the network setup wizard but to no avail. I can see the laptop in
workgroup computers on the laptop but no main pc. Now I can also see the
laptop on main pc but when i try and access it, its slow to react and can
only get into printers and faxs.

Is there any good website tutorials to help me out or some kind soul?

Regards

Simon.

Old December 25th 04, 10:29 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
recursor

"Simon" wrote in message
Wife just got me a Netgear Dg834gt adsl modem wireless router and wg511t laptop card for
christmas.

I am totally new to this game but have managed to get the internet connection on the laptop and on
the main pc but cannot get the 2 computers to see each other at all.

The main pc is connected by cable to my lan card and laptop via wireless. I have run the network
setup wizard but to no avail. I can see the laptop in workgroup computers on the laptop but no
main pc. Now I can also see the laptop on main pc but when i try and access it, its slow to react
and can only get into printers and faxs.

Is there any good website tutorials to help me out or some kind soul?

Regards

If I understand you correctly you probably just need to share the c_drive on your laptop for your
main computer to be able to see it, the slow access may be down to a weak wireless signal .

Old December 25th 04, 10:40 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
mikeFNB

try
http://www.ezlan.net/

mike

Old December 26th 04, 07:31 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Simon

try
http://www.ezlan.net/

Thanks both of you its all working now. Enjoy the rest of Christmas too.

Regards

Simon.