Netgear 834G & HP Ipaq RX3715

Old December 26th 04, 11:47 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Scooby Doo

Default Netgear 834G & HP Ipaq RX3715

My home network is hooked up to the Netgear 834G running in 802.11g mode. I
know want to purchase the HP Ipaq RX3715 but it only supports 802.11b - does
that mean I have to 'clock down' to 11b to run all the devices or can I run
my 2 PC's and laptop in 11g mode and the Ipaq in 11b mode?

Thanks

Old December 26th 04, 11:54 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
recursor

"Scooby Doo" wrote in message
My home network is hooked up to the Netgear 834G running in 802.11g mode. I
know want to purchase the HP Ipaq RX3715 but it only supports 802.11b - does
that mean I have to 'clock down' to 11b to run all the devices or can I run
my 2 PC's and laptop in 11g mode and the Ipaq in 11b mode?

Thanks

Yes, both are supported by your router.

Old December 26th 04, 11:59 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Scooby Doo

"recursor" wrote in message

"Scooby Doo" wrote in message
My home network is hooked up to the Netgear 834G running in 802.11g

mode. I
know want to purchase the HP Ipaq RX3715 but it only supports 802.11b -

does
that mean I have to 'clock down' to 11b to run all the devices or can I

run
my 2 PC's and laptop in 11g mode and the Ipaq in 11b mode?

Thanks

Yes, both are supported by your router.

Is it possible to run the router in 11g mode for the PC's and laptop and 11b
mode for the Ipaq, SIMULTANEOUSLY?

Thanks again

Old December 26th 04, 12:07 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
recursor

"Scooby Doo" wrote in message

"recursor" wrote in message

"Scooby Doo" wrote in message
My home network is hooked up to the Netgear 834G running in 802.11g

mode. I
know want to purchase the HP Ipaq RX3715 but it only supports 802.11b -

does
that mean I have to 'clock down' to 11b to run all the devices or can I

run
my 2 PC's and laptop in 11g mode and the Ipaq in 11b mode?

Thanks

Yes, both are supported by your router.

Is it possible to run the router in 11g mode for the PC's and laptop and 11b
mode for the Ipaq, SIMULTANEOUSLY?

Yes I meant simultaneously, as far as I know all g devices automatically do b simultaneously, the
Netgear definitely does I've got one.

Old December 26th 04, 12:17 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Scooby Doo

"recursor" wrote in message

"Scooby Doo" wrote in message

"recursor" wrote in message

"Scooby Doo" wrote in message
My home network is hooked up to the Netgear 834G running in 802.11g

mode. I
know want to purchase the HP Ipaq RX3715 but it only supports

802.11b -
does
that mean I have to 'clock down' to 11b to run all the devices or can

run
my 2 PC's and laptop in 11g mode and the Ipaq in 11b mode?

Thanks

Yes, both are supported by your router.

Is it possible to run the router in 11g mode for the PC's and laptop and

11b
mode for the Ipaq, SIMULTANEOUSLY?

Yes I meant simultaneously, as far as I know all g devices automatically

do b simultaneously, the
Netgear definitely does I've got one.

Excellent. Thanks for the quick response, much appreciated. Now I've gottta
find the cheapest place to get hold of the IPAQ RX3715 :-)

Old December 26th 04, 12:26 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
recursor

"Scooby Doo" wrote in message

"recursor" wrote in message

"Scooby Doo" wrote in message

"recursor" wrote in message

"Scooby Doo" wrote in message
[...]

You're welcome, I should have added that you need to go to your router's control panel and make sure
it's set for 'g and b', which is the default setting I think.

Old December 29th 04, 04:29 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Steve Bilton

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 12:17:39 -0000, "Scooby Doo"
wrote:

Excellent. Thanks for the quick response, much appreciated. Now I've gottta
find the cheapest place to get hold of the IPAQ RX3715 :-)

I got a good deal from totalpda.co.uk - wanted a 4150 but they didn't
have any in stock so they cut a good deal on th rx3715 to keep the
sale - v happy

SteveB
Old December 29th 04, 04:50 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Scooby Doo

wrote:

Excellent. Thanks for the quick response, much appreciated. Now I've

gottta
find the cheapest place to get hold of the IPAQ RX3715 :-)

I got a good deal from totalpda.co.uk - wanted a 4150 but they didn't
have any in stock so they cut a good deal on th rx3715 to keep the
sale - v happy

SteveB

Nice one mate. Can I ask what price you got for the rx3715?

Cheers

Old December 30th 04, 10:52 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Steve Bilton

Nice one mate. Can I ask what price you got for the rx3715?

250 inc.vat

SB