Sharing Files Through DSL-G604TRouter

Old December 26th 04, 01:26 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
spamfrog

Default Sharing Files Through DSL-G604TRouter

I got a D-Link DSL-G604T router from santa ! I have one PC wired and the
other one wireless.
Both machines can connect to the Internet no problem, but they cannot seem
to see the shared files on each machine.
I have got as far as being able to search and find each other by right
clicking an 'My Network Places'.
The only folders listed underneath 'My Network Places' are the ones on the
machine that you are on.
Where do I go from here ?
--
Muzz
reply to uglyduck NOT spamfrog

Old December 26th 04, 01:33 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
spamfrog

spamfrog wrote:
I got a D-Link DSL-G604T router from santa ! I have one
PC wired and the other one wireless.
Both machines can connect to the Internet no problem, but
they cannot seem to see the shared files on each machine.
I have got as far as being able to search and find each
other by right clicking an 'My Network Places'.
The only folders listed underneath 'My Network Places'
are the ones on the machine that you are on.
Where do I go from here ?

Hold on. I went through what I thought may be a pointless MS troubleshoot
and renamed one of the machines, nothing happened until I rebooted the other
machine too, now all is up and running.
:-)