Linksys Router - Webstar Modem (again...)

Old December 27th 04, 01:26 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Phil Sturgeon

Default Linksys Router - Webstar Modem (again...)

I know this was already discussed, but the problem happened again, and
the instructions that were left by phoenix have expired.

What is the correct order to turn things off/on and wait for testing, etc.

If you didnt read the last topic I made on this, then I will enlighten
you. I have got a working network, but my router is unable to connect to
the modem. This happened before and somebody told me to turn things off,
unplug it all then do some stuff which I forgott.

Can anybody help me?

Phil Sturgeon
Old December 27th 04, 05:07 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Paul

"Phil Sturgeon" wrote in message
k...
I know this was already discussed, but the problem happened again, and
the instructions that were left by phoenix have expired.

What is the correct order to turn things off/on and wait for testing, etc.

If you didnt read the last topic I made on this, then I will enlighten
you. I have got a working network, but my router is unable to connect to
the modem. This happened before and somebody told me to turn things off,
unplug it all then do some stuff which I forgott.

Can anybody help me?

Phil Sturgeon

Turn 'em all off.
Power up the Deathstar (webstar) modem and wait 30 seconds.
Power up the router.
Power up the PC

Old December 27th 04, 05:44 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Phil Sturgeon

Paul wrote:
"Phil Sturgeon" wrote in message
k...

I know this was already discussed, but the problem happened again, and
the instructions that were left by phoenix have expired.

What is the correct order to turn things off/on and wait for testing, etc.

If you didnt read the last topic I made on this, then I will enlighten
you. I have got a working network, but my router is unable to connect to
the modem. This happened before and somebody told me to turn things off,
unplug it all then do some stuff which I forgott.

Can anybody help me?

Phil Sturgeon

Turn 'em all off.
Power up the Deathstar (webstar) modem and wait 30 seconds.
Power up the router.
Power up the PC

And at which point do I plug in the ethernet cable from the router to
the modem?

Thanks so far. ^_^
Old December 27th 04, 09:06 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dave Stanton

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:44:28 +0000, Phil Sturgeon wrote:

Paul wrote:
[...]

They should be connected all the time.

Dave

Old December 27th 04, 09:25 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Paul

"Phil Sturgeon" wrote in message
. uk...
Paul wrote:
[...]

Well have 'em all plugged in before you power the devices down.
Then follow the steps in my previous post. Alternatively, you could plug 'em
all in when you ARE powered down. that part makes no difference. There
should be no reason to actually disconnect the cables

Old December 28th 04, 09:52 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Phil Sturgeon

Phil Sturgeon wrote:
Paul wrote:

[...]

From - Tue

Stupid question really. I thought about it as I took my PC offline, and
as I speak I am connected through the network.

Thanks for the responce anyway guys!

Phil Sturgeon