D-Link AP900+

Old December 29th 04, 03:29 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Graeme Evans

Default D-Link AP900+

Hi, I've got a D-Link AP900+ and everything was okay until I powered it down
and reset to factory default.
I can ping the IP address, 192.168.0.50 - default
but the password dialog doesn't pop-up and I can't get onto the admin pages.
Any ideas please!

Old December 29th 04, 09:59 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Ashok S.

You have to keep the power on while you reset the modem. After it is reset,
the web configuration page page will be at http://192.168.0.1 That's the
default for D-Link.

Ashok S.

"Graeme Evans" соощил/соощила в новостях

Old December 29th 04, 01:39 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jon

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:59:02 +0300, Ashok S. wrote:
You have to keep the power on while you reset the modem. After it is reset,
the web configuration page page will be at http://192.168.0.1 That's the
default for D-Link.

Ashok S.

Hi
192.168.0.50 is the default for the AP900+

Hi, I've got a D-Link AP900+ and everything was okay until I powered it
down
and reset to factory default.
I can ping the IP address, 192.168.0.50 - default
but the password dialog doesn't pop-up and I can't get onto the admin
pages.
Any ideas please!

Do you mean you don't get a web interface at all?
Maybe worth browsing http://192.168.0.50/h_wizard.html which is the
start page
Cheers
Jon

--

Mail sent to the above address doesn't get read.
To send email replace domain with fastmail.co.uk
Old December 29th 04, 03:49 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Graeme Evans

Thanks Jon,

Yep, I don't get any web interface at all !

This is the whole process that I went through.
I was moving the AP to a different subnet, originally it was on
192.168.16.110
I logged on to the AP and clicked the Reset To Factory Default button.
The AP reset and I could no longer ping it.
I moved it over and got a successful ping on 192.168.0.50 as you expect.
Then I tried to log on to the change the settings and all I get is
Cannot find server - The Page Cannot Be Displayed - error
This is now connected directly into my laptop - ping ok - no web page
proxies turned off and firewall disabled.

Any Ideas? or is it time to bin

Old December 29th 04, 06:23 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jon

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:49:21 -0000,
Graeme Evans wrote:
Thanks Jon,

Yep, I don't get any web interface at all !

This is the whole process that I went through.
I was moving the AP to a different subnet, originally it was on
192.168.16.110
I logged on to the AP and clicked the Reset To Factory Default button.
The AP reset and I could no longer ping it.
I moved it over and got a successful ping on 192.168.0.50 as you expect.
Then I tried to log on to the change the settings and all I get is
Cannot find server - The Page Cannot Be Displayed - error
This is now connected directly into my laptop - ping ok - no web page
proxies turned off and firewall disabled.

Any Ideas? or is it time to bin

Hi. The only thing I can think of at the moment is to try the reset
button ( next to the ant ), search the alt.internet.wireless archives
or ask there, and also search the dslreports site, think there is
something there about rescuing stuffed APs.
Let us know how you get on
Cheers
Jon

Old December 29th 04, 06:44 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jon

On 29 Dec 2004 18:23:56 GMT, Jon wrote:

A quick P.S.
Just been browsing the D-Link site and when resetting
using the switch keep the button in for 10 sec the unit will reboot
itself and when the wlan light has finished flashing it is ready to
use again.
Also the AP should except SNMP commands so you could look into that as
well.
Cheers
Jon

Old December 31st 04, 06:04 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Michael Salem

Graeme Evans wrote:

Hi, I've got a D-Link AP900+ and everything was okay until I powered it down
and reset to factory default.
I can ping the IP address, 192.168.0.50 - default
but the password dialog doesn't pop-up and I can't get onto the admin pages.

Isn't there an administration program that you can download for this
router? Plug the router into the PC running the program (I don't
remember whether you need a straight-through or crossover RJ45 flylead)
and run the program.