Asus network adapters

Old December 29th 04, 10:47 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
tougharms

Default Asus network adapters

I am planning to connect a desktop (winXP home) to a laptop (win98SE) using
wireless 802.11g.
I have found several adapters made by ASUS that fit my needs and price
range.
Does anyone have any experience with these? are they
a) reliable
b) easy to set up and use?

Thanks in advance
Old December 29th 04, 11:24 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
mikeFNB

98se canbe a pain to get one that DOES work with the type of motherboard it
runs on.
other than that, most wifi stuff is the same pretty much.
if you are thinking of doing AD-HOC that can be a problem also under 98se.
can you not upgrade to ME, that should fly ok
but really it all depends on the type of motherboard as win98se tends to be
only on old machines

mike

3.37...