CAT5 Extension Cable Source

Old December 30th 04, 11:41 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Brian Reay

Default CAT5 Extension Cable Source

I'm trying to find a source of CAT5 extension cables with RJ45 socket at one
end and a RJ45 Plug at the other. Can be UTP or STP. 2m is ideal length,
but I can shorten if need.

Alternately, a source of RJ45 line sockets.

I'm aware of the line couplers you can get but they are not ideal for the
application I have in mind.

TIA

--
Brian Reay
www.g8osn.org.uk

Old December 31st 04, 01:38 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
mikeFNB

cpc maplin pc world currys comet range even do it all etc sometimes have
then
most pc shops do them brian

mike

Old December 31st 04, 01:46 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
lurch

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:41:09 -0000, "Brian Reay"
strung together this:

I'm aware of the line couplers you can get but they are not ideal for the
application I have in mind.

What application? Maybe someone has another way of doing what you're
doing.
Line couplers are about your only option unless you're going to go
into getting cat5e modules and boxes on the end, but for 2m?
--

SJW
Old December 31st 04, 05:22 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Paul

"mikeFNB" [email protected] wrote in message
cpc maplin pc world currys comet range even do it all etc sometimes have
then
most pc shops do them brian

mike

ROFL..

Comet and Currys wouldn't understand what an RJ45 connector was if you drew
it with crayons ! AND they charge way over the top.

Try these

http://www.cable-guy.net
http://www.cableuniverse.co.uk/
http://www.netshop.co.uk/
http://www.bka.co.uk/
http://www.redstore.com/fx/index.php
http://www.tickpc.co.uk/

Old December 31st 04, 08:13 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Brian Reay

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:41:09 -0000, "Brian Reay"
strung together this:

I'm aware of the line couplers you can get but they are not ideal for the
application I have in mind.

What application? Maybe someone has another way of doing what you're
doing.

For installing a amateur radio transciever in a car. The microphone cable
has RJ45 connector.

Line couplers are about your only option unless you're going to go
into getting cat5e modules and boxes on the end, but for 2m?

A moulded socket on a lead would neater.

Old December 31st 04, 12:14 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dougal

Alternately, a source of RJ45 line sockets.

Will these (Item 1350) fit the bill?
http://www.videkonline.co.uk/home.as...28&chapterID=4

Old December 31st 04, 04:16 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

In article , ""Brian Reay"
" "Brian Reay" [email protected]
(spamstopper)bigfoot.com says...
I'm trying to find a source of CAT5 extension cables with RJ45 socket at one
end and a RJ45 Plug at the other. Can be UTP or STP. 2m is ideal length,
but I can shorten if need.

Alternately, a source of RJ45 line sockets.

How about you make your own using PCB-mount sockets? I don't think
you'll easily find line sockets.
Old December 31st 04, 06:44 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Brian Reay

"Dougal" DougalAThiskennel.free-online.co.uk wrote in message
Alternately, a source of RJ45 line sockets.

Will these (Item 1350) fit the bill?

http://www.videkonline.co.uk/home.as...28&chapterID=4

Perfect, thank you!

I'll have you babies!