Wireless Network doesnt exist, but it does...

Old December 31st 04, 12:17 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Phil Sturgeon

Default Wireless Network doesnt exist, but it does...

Hey,

I have got my Linksys Wireless Broadband Router (with SpeedBoost ^_^) to
work in wired form, but it seems to be in self denial about its wireless
capabilities.

I have enabled SSID broadcasting, but it neither picks up the default ID
when I reset it, or my old configured one with all the same settings
from when it was working before.

It started when I turned off my modem and router to reconfigure it after
the network randomly died one day. It was working fine before!

Also, the router is currently 50 cm's away from the wireless adapter,
with no lead wall in the way or anything, so why does Windows XP's "View
all wireless networks" tool pick up nothing?

Can anyone help?

Phil Sturgeon
Old January 1st 05, 11:51 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Phil Sturgeon

Kris wrote:
Phil Sturgeon writes:

I have enabled SSID broadcasting, but it neither picks up the default ID
when I reset it, or my old configured one with all the same settings
from when it was working before.

Also, the router is currently 50 cm's away from the wireless adapter,
with no lead wall in the way or anything, so why does Windows XP's "View
all wireless networks" tool pick up nothing?

Can anyone help?

Try changing the channel - another AP or maybe a DECT 'phone or whatever
might be hogging the one you're using (or a channel close to it).

I have already tried every channel of the 13 available to me, and I have
moved my wireless phone upstairs away from the router. It worked before
with the phone next to it (apart from when it was in use).

? :-(
Old January 5th 05, 12:18 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Phil Sturgeon

Phil Sturgeon wrote:
Hey,

I have got my Linksys Wireless Broadband Router (with SpeedBoost ^_^) to
work in wired form, but it seems to be in self denial about its wireless
capabilities.

I have enabled SSID broadcasting, but it neither picks up the default ID
when I reset it, or my old configured one with all the same settings
from when it was working before.

It started when I turned off my modem and router to reconfigure it after
the network randomly died one day. It was working fine before!

Also, the router is currently 50 cm's away from the wireless adapter,
with no lead wall in the way or anything, so why does Windows XP's "View
all wireless networks" tool pick up nothing?

Can anyone help?

Phil Sturgeon

Turns out to be the WLAN monitor. Reinstalled and works okay ^_^