recommended

Old December 31st 04, 02:00 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.vendors
recursor

Default recommended

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp Just got 80 back from Fasthosts using this service,
providing you have a valid case and record e-mails (regardless of whether they were answered) it's a
great service. The 30 cost is automatically added to your claim sum.

Old December 31st 04, 09:32 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.vendors
bill

"recursor" wrote in message
https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp Just got 80 back from

Fasthosts using this service,
providing you have a valid case and record e-mails (regardless of whether

they were answered) it's a
great service. The 30 cost is automatically added to your claim sum.

i would say fasthost prefer you to use moneyclaim as if you went through a
solicitor they would add min 50 solicitors costs (which they would have to
pay) and possibly interest on the money owed

Old December 31st 04, 10:39 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.vendors
recursor

"bill" wrote in message ...

"recursor" wrote in message
https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp Just got 80 back from

Fasthosts using this service,
providing you have a valid case and record e-mails (regardless of whether

they were answered) it's a
great service. The 30 cost is automatically added to your claim sum.

i would say fasthost prefer you to use moneyclaim as if you went through a
solicitor they would add min 50 solicitors costs (which they would have to
pay) and possibly interest on the money owed

Yeah but then I wouldn't have been able to file the claim effortlessly while sitting in front of my
computer .

Old January 1st 05, 10:11 AM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.vendors
Abso

recursor wrote:

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp Just got #80 back
from Fasthosts using this service, providing you have a valid case
and record e-mails (regardless of whether they were answered) it's a
great service. The #30 cost is automatically added to your claim sum.

Was 80 quid the amount you were out of pocket by, or is there an
allowance for the value of your time expended? If so, how is this
valued?
Old January 1st 05, 12:58 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.vendors
recursor

"Abso" wrote in message ...
recursor wrote:

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp Just got #80 back
from Fasthosts using this service, providing you have a valid case
and record e-mails (regardless of whether they were answered) it's a
great service. The #30 cost is automatically added to your claim sum.

Was 80 quid the amount you were out of pocket by, or is there an
allowance for the value of your time expended? If so, how is this
valued?

Just out of pocket, I suppose I spent two hours total messing around with fasthosts and then the
claim but since I never had to leave the computer to do any of it all I lost was that time.

Old January 1st 05, 03:28 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 12:58:22 -0000, "recursor"
wrote:

but since I never had to leave the computer to do any of it all I lost was that time.

Time is money...your time that you could have used elsewhere. You
could and should have claimed for it.
--
Cheers,

Guy

Old January 1st 05, 03:46 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.vendors
Abso

wrote:

but since I never had to leave the computer to do any of it all I
lost was that time.

Time is money...your time that you could have used elsewhere. You
could and should have claimed for it.

I agree but I wonder how it can be valued fairly, unless you are in an
occupation where you routinely charge your services by the hour.

What value do you put on a student's time by the hour, or a housewife?

What if you're a prostitute - do you get away with charging the other
party your usual rate, in-house or out-of-house... A potential
minefield..!

--
Abso
Old January 1st 05, 06:55 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.vendors
bill

wrote:

but since I never had to leave the computer to do any of it all I
lost was that time.

Time is money...your time that you could have used elsewhere. You
could and should have claimed for it.

I agree but I wonder how it can be valued fairly, unless you are in an
occupation where you routinely charge your services by the hour.

if you made an excessive claim with high charges for time, then the
defendent would opt to have their time in court, then a judge would decide

Old January 1st 05, 11:50 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

On 1 Jan 2005 15:46:59 GMT, "Abso" wrote:

I agree but I wonder how it can be valued fairly, unless you are in an
occupation where you routinely charge your services by the hour.

Not too easy, but not impossible. A token fee, from what the OP had
said, would seem to be appropriate, without knowing his profession or
other info.

One should always charge for one's time, but *not* TTP. Being
reasonable is all important with the legal lottery g.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old January 2nd 05, 12:00 AM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.vendors
recursor

"Dr Teeth" wrote in message
On 1 Jan 2005 15:46:59 GMT, "Abso" wrote:

I agree but I wonder how it can be valued fairly, unless you are in an
occupation where you routinely charge your services by the hour.

Not too easy, but not impossible. A token fee, from what the OP had
said, would seem to be appropriate, without knowing his profession

Engineer currently not looking very hard for gainful employment.